Old 12-02-2008, 05:13 PM
Registered User

Question Garden design query!

Hi, I am begining to establish myself as a new garden designer. I have ran into a problem......

Whilst trying to gather an idea of how much planting costs on average per sq.M I tried to source the list of plants that I have designated for the designs I have done for my portfolio. If you are a professional and regularly design planting beds, how do you source your plants? Do you only design with what is easily bought from your local gardening centre, do you tend to use whats available at a particular Nursery or do you use several nurseries meaning that the customer pays several delivery charges?

Thanks for any advice...
Old 13-02-2008, 03:57 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ioncewascool! View Post
Hi, I am begining to establish myself as a new garden designer. I have ran into a problem......

Whilst trying to gather an idea of how much planting costs on average per sq.M I tried to source the list of plants that I have designated for the designs I have done for my portfolio. If you are a professional and regularly design planting beds, how do you source your plants? Do you only design with what is easily bought from your local gardening centre, do you tend to use whats available at a particular Nursery or do you use several nurseries meaning that the customer pays several delivery charges?

Thanks for any advice...
It depends on what plants you are going to use, perennials or woody plants. Of course you use plants that are readily available, but why not try raising some yourself, because most landscapers usually have a wide selection in stock. Running around to different shops is time consuming and depending on what kind of landscaping you plan on doing, focus on those plants. I never figured plantings out in sq. ft. or m. Hopefully each design will be different as will the price of the plants. http://propagatingperennials.blogspot.com

Rate This Thread: