GardenBanter.co.uk

-   About GardenBanter (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/about-gardenbanter/)
-   -   Toxocara - Newbie needs help :-) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/about-gardenbanter/194114-toxocara-newbie-needs-help.html)

squibbitus 18-10-2010 03:10 PM

Toxocara - Newbie needs help :-)

I have a extreme pet hate of dog poo/cat poo for the toxocara virus/worms/eggs and I searched on Google and this forum came up and I joined.

My daughter still sits on the floor at school, and I worry terribly about her coming into contact with dog poo off the childrens shoes, having walked through it on the way to school. I have been in the past spraying the dog poo - that is on the pavement in the street, with a disinfectant spray - made up part water part "Dettol" - half and half.

I just wondered, is this good enough to kill the toxocara eggs?

If not, what would you suggest?

I have also started having a cat poo in our garden and I have the same concerns - I hate to pick it up as I detest it even being there, so again I spray it, but after reading a post on here from Janet about the eggs laying dormant, I need something to kill them, I have also used neat bleach in the garden.

I did know and play with a littel girl when I was small that had only one eye due to this germ, so I think it may all stem from that.

Thanking you kindly