Old 11-07-2011, 06:49 PM
Registered User

Question Plant ID

This is my first ever post and I am hoping someone can help. I live in a 300+Year old cottage with a busy garden that my wife and I have spent 3 years getting to be just right.
Each year brings something new and with the early warm weather this year is no exception. A plant has grown in our garden which we have no idea what it is.
I have attached a photograph for identification and have tried searching the BHS site and the Botanical garden site without success.
I apologise for the quality of the phot, but hope somone can help us.

Thanks in advance
Attached Thumbnails
Plant ID-plantx.jpg
Old 11-07-2011, 11:12 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie53 View Post
This is my first ever post and I am hoping someone can help. I live in a 300+Year old cottage with a busy garden that my wife and I have spent 3 years getting to be just right.
Each year brings something new and with the early warm weather this year is no exception. A plant has grown in our garden which we have no idea what it is.
I have attached a photograph for identification and have tried searching the BHS site and the Botanical garden site without success.
I apologise for the quality of the phot, but hope somone can help us.

Thanks in advance
It's a mullein ( verbascum sp) a biennial which seeds freely, grows as a rosette of leaves for a while then shhots up to 6ft to flower and die.
They are quite in keeping with a cottage garden and often pop up in places where we wouldn't plant them
Old 12-07-2011, 04:04 AM
Registered User

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambucus View Post
It's a mullein ( verbascum sp) a biennial which seeds freely, grows as a rosette of leaves for a while then shhots up to 6ft to flower and die.
They are quite in keeping with a cottage garden and often pop up in places where we wouldn't plant them

what plants do you grow ?

Rate This Thread: