GardenBanter.co.uk

-   About GardenBanter (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/about-gardenbanter/)
-   -   Salix standard tree (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/about-gardenbanter/204249-salix-standard-tree.html)

Anitadbrown 30-06-2012 07:58 AM

Salix standard tree

Hi , I bought 2 salix standard trees many years ago , and every year they have blossomed beautifully , I have always pruned them when they turned brown , however this year it appears they died and I cut the trunk right down however theyve now started with new shoots from the bottom of the tree , but the shoots and leaves look completly different , how can I make them into a standard tree again ???

They both look incredibly healthy with lots of foliage but no flowers appear to be forming

Thank you