Old 05-11-2014, 10:43 AM
Registered User

Default Should i cover all my winter veg with cloches?

Hi, I'm new to gardening and would like to know whether I should cover all my veg with cloches over winter as my site is quite exposed? I am worried that this might encourage too much growth as I have already cloched peas that were sown three weeks ago and they are now 4 inches high. I am using raised beds and following the square foot gardening method. Also, 4 of the broad beans that germinated came up with black tinged leaves. They are growing well but could this be due to high winds or rain? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Old 07-05-2015, 10:57 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ness18 View Post
Hi, I'm new to gardening and would like to know whether I should cover all my veg with cloches over winter as my site is quite exposed? I am worried that this might encourage too much growth as I have already cloched peas that were sown three weeks ago and they are now 4 inches high. I am using raised beds and following the square foot gardening method. Also, 4 of the broad beans that germinated came up with black tinged leaves. They are growing well but could this be due to high winds or rain? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
What did you decide to do in the end?

Rate This Thread:

DEUX HISTOIRES DE CLOCHES [email protected] United Kingdom 0 16-01-2006 10:05 AM
cloches James Fidell United Kingdom 29 11-03-2004 12:46 AM
cloches James Fidell United Kingdom 2 08-03-2004 08:56 PM
cloches James Fidell United Kingdom 0 08-03-2004 08:51 PM
Bottle cloches Stephen Howard United Kingdom 1 21-02-2003 07:00 PM