Old 10-07-2003, 04:53 PM
Registered User

Location: Near Wark - Northumberland
Default view

Can anyone tell me what view means ? it seems unrelated.
murf
Old 10-07-2003, 09:12 PM
Hobby Gardener

Location: Harrow, Middx

Murph,

If you are referring to the views column when looking at the thread names, then yes, it is less relevant as it can only tell you how many people have viewed the page from this site. The reality is far higher as many people view these groups via a newsreader.

I have considered removing it, as it may mislead people into thinking that no one has read their post, when in fact many people may have.

The other 'view' bit is the 'view todays active thread' for guests or 'view new posts' for logged in members near the top right of the home page does do just that, but at upwards of 300 posts a day thats a lot of reading.

Kevin
Old 10-07-2003, 11:32 PM
Registered User

Location: Near Wark - Northumberland
Default views

Hi Kevin

I just did not understand as some threads had more replies than views, how can you reply without viewing, its ok I get it now.

Graham

Rate This Thread: