GardenBanter.co.uk

-   About GardenBanter (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/about-gardenbanter/)
-   -   Spell checker completed! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/about-gardenbanter/41709-spell-checker-completed.html)

kevin 30-08-2003 06:06 PM

Spell checker completed!

After much effort and testing, the spell checker is finally completed and installed today. It includes a 150,000 English words spell check plus 20,000 botanical words (common names only) spell checker, so you can type words like Acetosa and Zygophyllum correctly ;)

You access it when you are typing your message via the 'Spell Check' button adjacent to the 'Submit' button. Once you are spell checking, you also have access to word definitions and the thesaurus via the Merriam-Webster web site.

I can add latin names, but I don't see many people using them, and it is a big file that will slow the site down under heavy use, so I will wait to see if there are many requests for this.

I hope you find it useful.