Old 29-05-2005, 09:39 PM
Registered User

Location: near Bordeaux, France
Default French grapevines

I'm a newcomer to grapevines, but have a vineyard of 3 acres to care for now, as the guy who used to do it doesn't want to anymore. I've done all the winter pruning, tying down, weedkilling and spraying with fungicide and sulphur - my neighbour now tells me that I should take care of the "double bouchons" (translates as double caps/corks/traffic jams) - does anyone have a clue what that is?

John
http://www.dufreche.com
Old 15-06-2005, 09:04 AM
Registered User

Location: south west france
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girondin
I'm a newcomer to grapevines, but have a vineyard of 3 acres to care for now, as the guy who used to do it doesn't want to anymore. I've done all the winter pruning, tying down, weedkilling and spraying with fungicide and sulphur - my neighbour now tells me that I should take care of the "double bouchons" (translates as double caps/corks/traffic jams) - does anyone have a clue what that is?

John
http://www.dufreche.com
Hi John, I'm seeing some French friends tonight and will ask them for you , then hopefully I can do the same for all of my (four) vines

jay jay, sw france
Old 17-06-2005, 06:00 PM
Registered User

Location: south west france

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay jay
Hi John, I'm seeing some French friends tonight and will ask them for you , then hopefully I can do the same for all of my (four) vines

jay jay, sw france
sorry, no luck, noone had a clue(
Old 22-06-2005, 10:49 AM
Registered User

Location: near Bordeaux, France

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay jay
sorry, no luck, noone had a clue(
Thanks jay jay - I have now found out that they consist of more than one shoot coming out of the same bus (there are usually 8-10 buds on each "lat") and you get rid of the one that is least in line with the row you are working on. My guy from the local winery tells me that this is over-elaborate so I needn't bother! Instead, he tells me that there is a legal requirement to spray in June against "cicadelles de flavescence doree", which I've now done - let me know if you want any details.

Rate This Thread: