GardenBanter.co.uk

-   About GardenBanter (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/about-gardenbanter/)
-   -   Palm Problem (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/about-gardenbanter/96035-palm-problem.html)

Ricardo 17-06-2005 01:23 PM

Palm Problem

Hi, I have recently planted two 4ft Cordyline Australis palms in big containers (80cm Cubed) iwith 6" of gravel in the base for drainage. The palms ar planted in a Westland Multi-purpose compost with added John Innes. They have been planted for 8 weeks and they live on a breezy but South facing patio. I live in the North West of England, just South of Warrington.

The palms fronds have started to turn yellow, some completely, some from the tip only. This looks like over watering but although we have had some rain over the last 8 weeks it hasn't been exceptional and the soil drys very quickly.

I am quite concerned as these plants were quite an investment and I would not like to lose them. Any ideas?

Ricardo