GardenBanter.co.uk

-   alt.forestry (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/alt-forestry/)
-   -   orange spots on loblolly pine needles (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/alt-forestry/22944-orange-spots-loblolly-pine-needles.html)

Nelson 17-05-2003 02:44 PM

orange spots on loblolly pine needles

I have 25 acres of 4 year old loblolly pines. Some of the trees have
hundreds of orange spots. Are they eggs?
Also during the last two years they were infested with the Nantucket Tip
Moth. (I think) I haven't seen any. Were they killed during a really cold
period in the winter.
Eastern Shore of Maryland
Nelson