GardenBanter.co.uk

-   alt.forestry (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/alt-forestry/)
-   -   Finally CRP gets funded again (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/alt-forestry/30856-finally-crp-gets-funded-again.html)

John Ponder 07-06-2003 04:22 AM

Finally CRP gets funded again

FSA started taking CRP apps earlier this month. A little stricter
though. Land must have been planted 4 years out of 1996 to 2001, I
think it was 3 out of 5 years before. Max payment in our area is 29$
an acre rent besides 1/2 cost share to plant. Looks like we are going
to turn some cornfields into Long Leaf Pines! Yippee

John Ponder 07-06-2003 08:08 PM

Finally CRP gets funded again

It took a day and a 1/2 for my message to get posted. Wonder why

Geoff Kegerreis 10-06-2003 02:08 PM

Finally CRP gets funded again

This thing is wacky, John. Sometimes, I don't even see some messages ever
- all I see
is a reply to the message. It's strange.

Don't get too excited about making the conversion
from corn to trees - the hogs gotta have something to eat! I heard from
one individual in
Alabama that there is an oversupply of global wood (even though I find
that hard to believe).

Watch out for those gators! :-)

GK

Richard and Michelle 26-08-2003 03:03 PM

Finally CRP gets funded again

Don't know what "global wood" is, but the CRP pines coming up for thinning
all at once have made pine pulpwood prices lower than ever. Thanks for
hardwood!
Richard in Alabama