Old 05-01-2003, 07:42 PM
Larry Harrell

Default Potential censure?!?

It seems that I have been reported to Dale Bosworth for "abuse of
government computer services". Yes, I do use a government computer and
I do put forth personal opinions (as well as defending policy and
addressing lies about the USFS), but an individual in a newsgroup
which I never go to has sent off an e-mail complaining of
"crossposting". While I do reply to crossposted threads (initiated by
"preservationist flooders"), I'm not at the heart of his concerns.
Plus, Mr. Tom Beno is also using a computer from a government
institution to post HIS stuff.
I guess I'll just have to wait and see if my activites do constitute a
breach of etiquette, a policy infringement or even a criminal act. If
any of you feel that this is wrong, please feel free to respond here
or to Bosworth himself. The root of Mr. Beno's problems mostly lie
within "his" newsgroup, rec.backcountry and he feels that my responses
(as well as everyone else's who respond to crossposted threads) are
off-topic and need to go elsewhere.

Is this still America?!?!

Larry defender of truth, logic and the American way
Old 05-01-2003, 09:39 PM
Michael Hagen

In article ,
says...
[...]

Please forward if you think this will help.

To the Chief:
Larry Harrel has been an energetic proponent of the USDA-Forest
Service's best efforts at ecosystem management in an era of cutbacks.
This is information that both the general public and those working
within the field have had little access to. His input has been
professional and is always entertaining. He has often been the lone
voice explaining and defending topical aspects of FS policy - not
something appreciated in certain newsgroups with preconceived attitudes.
Larry should at the least get his own terminal - if not a raise.

As a matter of fact, USFS personal have been conspicuous by their
absence on the public, unregulated Usenet. It has always struck me as
odd that an agency with such a public image problem would limit the
speech of it's strongest supporters - even if they do use a few minutes
on the clock to post.
Sincerely,
Mike Hagen
(1970-1983 USDA-FS)
Old 06-01-2003, 03:31 AM
Larry Harrell

One last message until I get my own ISP.

My boss says no to anything going to Bosworth, please. He's a busy
enough guy already.

Thanks and maybe I'll see you soon.

bye for now

Larry
Old 06-01-2003, 04:39 AM
JimiFromMI

Maybe???

Shall we call up for donations to keep Larry in the NG?

Regards.

--
My off-topic statement:
US Doctors = No Accountability