Old 14-01-2003, 07:36 PM
Joe and Julie

Default Say goodbye to San Bernardino Mtn. conifers

This is a letter I wrote to our governor for California and the local news
agencies concerning the
total destruction (80% so far) of our forest by a beetle that has been able
to infest
trees because the drought. The tree can't make sap to stop
the beetles from getting into the bark. The tree is dead in
about a year. Read below. If you can help in any
way, please do. Everything I am saying is true.
I will have pictures in the next couple of days.
Some of this is repeated as it was funneled to several news
agencies.

SNIP
The bark beetle has destroyed 80% of our trees in 1 year. HELP!!!! I wrote
the below excerpt to the Governor. This is a situation that has been ignored
too long. Come up to my house.....I will show you a disaster that will make
your jaw drop and you heart sink. This story WILL be picked up,,,,,it's too
devastating to ignore.

Dear Governor,

I beg of you to look into the matter of the "bark beetle" and the
devastation that it's reaping on our southern California forests. We need
assistance badly,,,or at least information on what to do about this widening
problem. We have lost 80% of our conifers,,,,,and we may lose them all. I
almost cried when I took a trip to the upper canyon where I live. All the
trees were dead (not dying----DEAD!) Is there anything we can do to stop or
at least slow this disaster. I BEG OF YOU, please look in to this. We have
not been told anything about what we can do to save our individual
lot-trees. I have about 35 conifers ranging in age from 5 years to 120
years. I have 2 redwoods that are about 100 feet tall. They will die in
about 5 months if help is not received.

Please look into this,

Joseph

Old 16-01-2003, 06:04 AM
Clear Cut

Joseph,

I cannot get the Govenor's attention but you can find some helpful
information on bark beetles at:

http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/PESTNOTES/pn7421.html

I beg of you to look into the matter of the "bark beetle" and the
devastation that it's reaping on our southern California forests. We need
assistance badly,,,

We have
not been told anything about what we can do to save our individual
lot-trees. I have about 35 conifers ranging in age from 5 years to 120
years. I have 2 redwoods that are about 100 feet tall. They will die in
about 5 months if help is not received.

Please look into this,

Joseph

--
Due to SPAM filtering, please add NOSPAM
to email subject to improve your chances
Old 17-01-2003, 07:21 PM
Joe and Julie

Thanks for the info CLear Cut. It helped alot.
If you wrote to the governor,,,,you are awesome!! Thank you!
Joe