GardenBanter.co.uk

-   alt.forestry (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/alt-forestry/)
-   -   Black walnut/White Pine (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/alt-forestry/3367-black-walnut-white-pine.html)

kate 05-02-2003 09:33 PM

Black walnut/White Pine

I just read last night that the roots of black walnuts are not good for
white pines. I transplanted 2 black walnut 1st years within 15 feet of
some 15 year old white pines. Should I move the walnuts again?

Kate

kate 06-02-2003 03:31 PM

Black walnut/White Pine

kate wrote:

I just read last night that the roots of black walnuts are not good for
white pines. I transplanted 2 black walnut 1st years within 15 feet of
some 15 year old white pines. Should I move the walnuts again?

Answering my own question (gee - finished reading the entry on black
walnuts) I will move them into a full sun position in Wisteriaville. I
am still wondering though how far the walnuts need to be from pines to
keep from harming the pines.

Kate