GardenBanter.co.uk

-   alt.forestry (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/alt-forestry/)
-   -   Sycamore tree bark (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/alt-forestry/34401-sycamore-tree-bark.html)

MonopTN 27-06-2003 01:56 AM

Sycamore tree bark

I know sycamore bark tends to peel, but I have 3 trees in my yard that are
raining bark. The leaves appear healthy, green, and under no stress. Any
ideas about what may be causing this, and if it is a problem?

Thanks,
Evans

Geoff Kegerreis 30-06-2003 03:57 PM

Sycamore tree bark

Good weather. Fast growth. Bark's peeling. Ditto what Don said.
Let us know if you see any leaves dropping or twisted-up
branches in the tree, then that might lead us to believe
something else is up.

Later,
Geoff Kegerreis

Timberline Forestry Consulting LLC