GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   watering vine plants (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/101456-watering-vine-plants.html)

John & Chris 17-08-2005 04:07 AM

watering vine plants

I'm never sure where to water vine plants like pumpkins and zuccini. Is it
at the base where it originally sprouted or the leaves or the vegetables?
thanks
John

Terry Collins 17-08-2005 02:06 PM

John & Chris wrote:
I'm never sure where to water vine plants like pumpkins and zuccini. Is it
at the base where it originally sprouted or the leaves or the vegetables?
thanks
John

The base because that is (usually) where the roots are, or most probably
are below in the soil.

Exceptions are
tree ferns,
????

SG1 17-08-2005 10:31 PM

"John & Chris" wrote in message
I'm never sure where to water vine plants like pumpkins and zuccini. Is
it at the base where it originally sprouted or the leaves or the
vegetables?
thanks
John

Watering the leaves will cause mildew to get a hold. Always water at ground
level.
Jim