Old 12-03-2003, 12:22 AM
brainspace

Default Passionfruit (no fruit)

I planted a passionfruit at least 7-8 years ago and for the first 3-4 years
it produced good quantities of fruit. The last 3-4 years however there is no
fruit at all, although it still flowers. Initially, the leaves were all
quite large but as years go on there are less large leaves and more and more
small leaves. Is there a way to restore vigour and fruit to it? Does it need
a prune, and if so when and how much, or is there another solution?

Old 12-03-2003, 07:56 AM
KH

I was under the impression - correct me anyone if I'm wrong here - that
Passionfruit vines had a limited lifespan.. around 8 or so years....

Old 12-03-2003, 01:44 PM
Luke

I just recently bought a passionfruit plant from Bunnings and the lifespan
on that plant is 5 years

"KH" wrote in message
I was under the impression - correct me anyone if I'm wrong here - that
Passionfruit vines had a limited lifespan.. around 8 or so years....

---

Old 15-03-2003, 02:56 AM
Chookie

In article ,
"brainspace" wrote:

I planted a passionfruit at least 7-8 years ago and for the first 3-4 years
it produced good quantities of fruit. The last 3-4 years however there is no
fruit at all, although it still flowers. Initially, the leaves were all
quite large but as years go on there are less large leaves and more and more
small leaves. Is there a way to restore vigour and fruit to it? Does it need
a prune, and if so when and how much, or is there another solution?

More poo? But the plant is approaching the end of its lifespan -- put in
another one this autumn/spring.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"...children should continue to be breastfed... for up to two years of age
or beyond." -- Innocenti Declaration, Florence, 1 August 1990
Old 16-03-2003, 12:20 AM
John Savage

"brainspace" writes:
I planted a passionfruit at least 7-8 years ago and for the first 3-4 years
it produced good quantities of fruit. The last 3-4 years however there is no
fruit at all, although it still flowers. Initially, the leaves were all

I think I have heard Don Burke say that when your passionfruit reaches
3 years old you should plant another passionfruit near it. When that
second one starts bearing, dig out your first one.

If you want to try pruning it, do so in Winter. Feed it in Spring when
the new growth gets going.
--
John Savage (newsgroup email invalid; keep news replies in newsgroup)

Old 17-03-2003, 12:20 AM
brainspace

Thanks for the advice everyone.

Old 28-03-2003, 02:56 AM
Andrea Iles

I think that passionfruit vines only have a limited life span and
perhaps yours has come to the end of it

Passionfruit Robby Australia 6 09-12-2003 09:04 PM
Passionfruit (no fruit) brainspace Australia 4 05-04-2003 07:37 AM
Another passionfruit question Tom Elliott Australia 14 05-04-2003 07:35 AM
Passionfruit questions Tom Elliott Australia 2 05-04-2003 07:35 AM
passionfruit KH Australia 1 16-03-2003 11:20 AM