Old 22-08-2005, 06:03 AM
Registered User

Location: Gold Coast, Australia
Lightbulb Bindii Success!!!

Thanks to everyone who posted a response to my query back in June, all very sound and useful advice- some of it not applicable to my work (a 2 acre environmental education centre at Jacob's Well, near the gold coast) but the hand-pulling, and yes, China's snipping and twisting have worked a treat at home... at least they have this year, and I'm confident about next year. P.S. If you remember an American dentist in Wingham, China, corner of bent street, that's my uncle. my grandparents are there as well. Another method i found worked an absolute treat was nicked off gardening australia (16th July, i believe) and involves 1 part iron sulphate, 1 part sulphate of potash and 1 part sand. lay it on pretty thick on the bindiis, and water it in. the bindiis will burn off (turn to black sludge, actually) as will a little grass, but the grass will be back better than ever in no time at all. just remember to wear gloves coz of the iron sulphate. about 500 grams of each ingredient will be enough to do a small lawn (it did our heavily-infested volley ball court). Try it out- I'm sure you'll be happy with the results. Cheers, Josh.

Bindii Elguapo Australia 1 02-09-2003 12:32 PM
Bindii & Free range chickens Angelo & Yvette Australia 1 31-08-2003 08:12 PM
success saving jade from root rot sebres Gardening 0 01-06-2003 05:20 PM
Visit to India & Success in returning with Orchids! doug houseman Orchids 1 09-02-2003 08:01 AM
sweet peas-any secrets to success? NAearthMOM Gardening 12 05-02-2003 06:19 PM