Old 14-03-2003, 06:45 AM
John yahl

Default Atom lawn edgers

I'm having trouble starting my Atom lawn edger everytime I go to use
it.Anyone have any tips to fix this problem ?

TIA.

Old 14-03-2003, 11:32 AM
Just a little bit

On Fri, 14 Mar 2003 16:47:45 +1100, "John yahl" wrote:

I'm having trouble starting my Atom lawn edger everytime I go to use
it.Anyone have any tips to fix this problem ?

Change the fuel.

A had hassles with a leaf blower. Turned out to be alcohol in the fuel. It
ended up destroying the engine. ;-(

Old 16-03-2003, 02:20 AM
Andrew G

"John yahl" wrote in message
I'm having trouble starting my Atom lawn edger everytime I go to use
it.Anyone have any tips to fix this problem ?

TIA.

If they are 2 stroke engine pull the plug out and check it out. Often the
plugs will foul up. If it is, clean it or better yet, replace the plug.
Plugs can just die. Also make sure the lead to the plug is in good conditon,
and attached properly.
If that is all good, then with the plug removed, but have the lead attached
to it. Using a pair of rubber handled, insulated pliers hold the plug by the
porcelain bit of the spark plug then touch the threaded part of the plug to
a metal part of the engine. The cooling fins should be ok. Just make sure
it's not a painted part.
Then try starting it, and watch for spark in the plugs gap. You may need 2
people to do this. If it sparks then it's more likely a fuel/carby problem.
If no spark, then it's some sort of ignition problem.
Oh, and I know it's obvious, but check it. The on/off switch has been
overlooked many times :-)

--
Remove "not" from start of email address to reply

questions on lawn edgers, help? dingodog42 Gardening 4 14-03-2006 08:26 AM
FS: Mowers, edgers, yard blower Radius Texas 0 21-04-2004 05:07 AM
[IBC] Daughter's visit with her family [Was: [IBC] Atom Bomb and Masaru Yamakis Bonsai] Chris Cochrane Bonsai 0 06-06-2003 10:20 PM
Atom lawn edgers John yahl Australia 2 05-04-2003 07:37 AM
Gas Edgers: experiences w/stick and walk-behind types johannmon Gardening 3 31-03-2003 01:56 AM