Old 14-03-2003, 10:44 AM
Justin Graham

Default Daturas & Brugmansias

Howdy - Does anyone know where I can buy the above plants in Australia? I
cannot locate them anywhere!

Julie

Old 14-03-2003, 11:32 AM
Just a little bit

On Fri, 14 Mar 2003 20:39:11 +1100, "Justin Graham"
wrote:

Howdy - Does anyone know where I can buy the above plants in Australia? I
cannot locate them anywhere!

I've seen datura at Three Bears Nursery at West Pennant Hills in Sydney's north
west. They have white and salmon pink ones.

Old 14-03-2003, 12:32 PM
irvin savage

Hi,
I put a similar post up a couple of months ago...specifically looking for
the yellow Brug, which I believe is still growing in Australia, but got no
to their bad reputation for poisoning (seven attributed deaths in Australia,
the majority through intentional ingestion and overdose) and are not
permitted to be imported into Australia from overseas. The Australian based
sources on the net seem a little dubious and I have not had a response from
any of the three "online" nurseries I have e-mailed. They are mostly
advertising the red, tubular Brug. The Apricot and both single and double
white Brug's are still occasionally seen in peoples gardens in NSW and I am
aware of a naturalised clump of the Apricot Brug's in Uki in northern NSW
and have spotted others as far south as Wollongong. (I have both the double
white and the apricot) All Brug's seem to grow quite easily from cuttings.
I have not really actively looked for Daturas.

Irvin Savage

Old 15-03-2003, 01:44 AM
alwynne mackie

I have the apricot one, which is an absolute joy. The branches are laden
with flowers and the perfume is delicious. I got mine from a nursery in the
Dandenongs (the name of which I have forgotten), but you could try Dicksonia
Rare Plants at Mount Macedon, in Vic. They are becoming popular again, and
there are new varieties, so I expect they will appear in good nuseries. I'm
sure Stephen Ryan at Dicksonia could tell you where you can get them. Are
you in Vic?
Cheers,
Alwynne

Old 15-03-2003, 06:47 AM
Glenn Pure

Can't help with locating these, but I hope you are aware that the
Daturas at least are highly toxic.

Cheers
Glenn

Old 15-03-2003, 12:32 PM
Ruth Lawrence

"Justin Graham" wrote in message
Howdy - Does anyone know where I can buy the above plants in Australia? I
cannot locate them anywhere!

Diggers Club has them, if I recall correctly.

Ruth

Old 16-03-2003, 02:20 AM
Just a little bit

On Sat, 15 Mar 2003 05:40:43 GMT,
(Glenn Pure) wrote:

Can't help with locating these, but I hope you are aware that the
Daturas at least are highly toxic.

As are many plants. Even the humble azalea can kill if consumed.