Old 15-03-2003, 07:08 PM
Frog Dan

Default Peppermint does it

Hi,
Have you tried Peppermint Soap?. Ants hate Peppermint. I live in the USA and
we have a product called Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps (Pure-Castile Soap). You
may have the products where you are. Check out their website
www.drbronner.com

Here is a tip that was in one of the magazines I read where I found out
about the product.....................
?Kill Ants with Soap
Got ants in your pants? Nothing works like Dr. Bronner's Peppermint Soap,

which uses a potent peppermint oil that ants
just can't handle. Mix three tablespoons with 16 ounces of water in a spray

bottle and squirt it right on the little buggers.
After a few entertaining seconds of writhing agony, they'll be dead. To

take out a whole colony, add one cup to a bucket of
boiling water and pour directly on the hill.

Good luck,
Dan

"Elegant Embroidery" wrote in message
Hi all

has any one got any idea how I can stop ants nesting in my micro
reticulation risers.

Needless to say, every time the retic comes on all the ants get compacted
into the sprayers and let no water past...........

Joanne in sweltering Perth!

--
Use what talents you possess: the woods would be very silent if no birds
sang there except those that sang best. Henry Van Dyke

Organic bug killer for Spearmint/Peppermint DirtBag Gardening 2 01-06-2013 06:49 AM
Peppermint & Thyme Matthias R WHT Plant Science 2 07-09-2008 11:45 AM
Peppermint JBT Gilles Garden Photos 0 13-05-2008 05:24 PM
Does this sound like a reasonable quote? Tumbleweed United Kingdom 4 03-09-2003 06:02 PM
Peppermint does it Frog Dan Australia 0 05-04-2003 06:37 AM