GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Bauhinia galpinii . Searching for about a doz plants. Brisbane-Toowoomba or nationwide (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/107184-bauhinia-galpinii-searching-about-doz-plants-brisbane-toowoomba-nationwide.html)

Ulrich Sudhaus 20-09-2005 07:28 AM

Bauhinia galpinii . Searching for about a doz plants. Brisbane-Toowoomba or nationwide

If anybody knows about a nursery which could supply some or all of the
above plants, also known as "South African Orchid Bush" I would be
very grateful.
Thanks
Ulrich

HC 21-09-2005 06:59 AM

G'day Ulrich

I was just browsing eBay after reading ng's and found this listing that
might help you....NO affiliation in any way with the seller. They are
seeds and not plants as you requested but maybe suit if the latter are
not available.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/SOUTH-AFRICAN...cmd ZViewItem

Ulrich Sudhaus 22-09-2005 05:31 AM

HI HC,
Thanks for the info. I have got some seeds. My wife & I went around a
couple of parks and found some still viable seeds underneath a few
mature bushes. We moved into a new subdivision on a reclaimed melon
field. A 3/4 acre block with neither a tree or a bush on it. With the
water restrictions getting more severe these "Galpinii" are just the
answer for me.They grow reasonably fast and are draught resistant,
flowering for most of the year.

I had ask for plants to save myself a couple of years.

Thanks again
Ulrich

HC 22-09-2005 06:12 AM

G'day Ulrich

I've got some Bauhinia blakeana seedlings if you want some? They
self-sow through the garden and I pot them on to give away. My tree is
a dark pink but who knows what colour the seedlings might be? It's just
coming into flower now and I have some seed from last season as well as
some seedlings?

I think these trees would look really nice along a fence line or down
either side of a long driveway.....spectacular when in bloom.

Bronwyn ;-)