GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Oranges splitting? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/107506-oranges-splitting.html)

Lindsay 28-09-2005 10:42 AM

Oranges splitting?

Hi all...

As a newbie to gardening, what causes an orange to split whilst still
on the tree?

Left on too long?
Lack of something?

TIA

Lindsay

--
Scrap the 00 to post direct.

"We all should present legal cars. I'm embarrassed we've presented a car
that's ineligible." Mark Skaife, Chief Sook, HRT.12/11/04 (It must hurt
to say illegal!)

'Speed limit near schools lowered to 40 grams per student' - CNNNN

Charles 29-09-2005 11:16 AM

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 19:42:23 +1000
Lindsay wrote:
Hi all...

As a newbie to gardening, what causes an orange to split whilst still
on the tree?

Left on too long?
Lack of something?

IIRC, it's due to inconsistent watering, i.e. a lot, then not enough,
then a lot etc....particularly during the fruiting time.

Charles
--
If some days are diamonds and some days are stone....
Then some days I live in a quarry!!

Lindsay 02-10-2005 10:19 PM

Charles wrote:

As a newbie to gardening, what causes an orange to split whilst still
on the tree?

Left on too long?
Lack of something?

IIRC, it's due to inconsistent watering, i.e. a lot, then not enough,
then a lot etc....particularly during the fruiting time.

Thank you, Charles and Dwayne.. I'll let the tree owner know

Regards

Lindsay