Old 14-10-2005, 10:58 PM
meee

Default repost; URGENTt!!Fern People!!! can someone save my fern??

hello again. I have a question for any fern experts out there. I bought a
beautiful, tiny maidenhair fern, with the really tiny leaflets? I bought it
from big w, took it home and repotted. First thing I noticed was that it was
in a huge pot for it's rootball. So it's now in a small ceramic pot, and not
thriving. It's in a warm, humid bathroom, and kept moist constantly. I added
a layer of sand underneath to aid drainage, but it's leaves gradually brown
off and die. It keeps sending up new shoots, which is encouraging, but they
are browning off too before they open fully. I maybe able to save it still,
as it's still trying to send up shoots....help please, before it's too
late!!

--
There are many intelligent species in the Universe. They are all owned by
cats.

Anonymous

One cat just leads to another. -Ernest Hemingway

Old 15-10-2005, 04:00 AM
gardenlen

g'day meee,

would have to be a very well naturaly lit bathroom.

try giving it a stint outside the house in a well lit (sun) position
out of the wind water as required keep the feeding away until it is
back in fine fettle then be careful you can over feed.

snipped
With peace and brightest of blessings,

len

--
"Be Content With What You Have And
A World That You May Not Understand."

http://www.users.bigpond.com/gardenlen1
Old 15-10-2005, 05:39 AM
meee

thankyou thankyou...i'll give it a go... i have a spot with a wisteri and a
fuschia with morning sun but shade from 11ish...would that be ideal?

Old 15-10-2005, 09:36 AM
gardenlen

sounds good to me meee,

when you bring plants indoors you must remember that what looks light
and bright to us is probably insufficient for plants. don't put plants
within 10 foot of a glass window where sun enters.

the best test is to see waht sort of shadow your hand forms against
the wall with the hand about 10"s away if it is not very distinct then
the light is probably too low, rule of thumb with indoors 2 weeks
inside 5 weeks outside. no plant is truely and indoor plant they all
grow from in jungles or forest areas etc.,.

we humans just make them adapt.