Old 18-03-2003, 11:32 AM
Stan Pierce

Default Cox's Orange Piippin

Am looking for a heritage grower of this apple. Not a hybrid.
Preferably Stanthorp area but prepared to travel to northern NSW to
taste. Any help please. Also a place to visit to see Primroses
growing...anywhere in Australia.

Stan Pierce. Brisbane.

Old 18-03-2003, 02:08 PM
KarenB

Stan,
I am an organic fruit and veg retailer and stock Cox's Orange Pippin.
Unfortunately I am located in Victoria.
What you could do is contact an organic fruit and veg retailer or contact one
of the organic certifying bodies such as the Biological Farmers Association
(BFA) they are on the web at www.bfa.com.au. They should help you locate a
grower in your area.
Organic retailers generally stock heritage apples.
I got a few boxes in this morning and they are a great apple to eat.

Good luck
KarenSubject: Cox's Orange Piippin

Old 18-03-2003, 11:20 PM
whiteMemphis

"Stan Pierce" wrote in message
Am looking for a heritage grower of this apple. Not a hybrid.
Preferably Stanthorp area but prepared to travel to northern NSW to
taste. Any help please. Also a place to visit to see Primroses
growing...anywhere in Australia.

If you couldn't find a grower near enough to travel, Bob Magnus in
Tasmania grows heritage apples and freights within Aust. If you already have
an apple tree you could graft a cutting of Cox's onto it, you can buy grafts
through the mail very cheaply and it is a great way to get a variety of
apples if you only have one tree and no room for more.

Old 19-03-2003, 02:32 AM
Stan Pierce

"KarenB" wrote in message
Stan,
I am an organic fruit and veg retailer and stock Cox's Orange Pippin.
Unfortunately I am located in Victoria.
What you could do is contact an organic fruit and veg retailer or

contact one
of the organic certifying bodies such as the Biological Farmers

Association
(BFA) they are on the web at www.bfa.com.au. They should help you

locate a
grower in your area.
Organic retailers generally stock heritage apples.
I got a few boxes in this morning and they are a great apple to eat.

Good luck
KarenSubject: Cox's Orange Piippin

Thanks for the info. I thought I had it last year and ordered a box
from a grower. They turned out to be a beautiful looking hybrid Cox's,
but not the original with that browny green skin and yellow flesh. It's
still the largest seller in the UK but have never seen them in
Australia. I believe the problem with them is the shelf life.