Old 14-12-2005, 12:30 AM posted to aus.gardens
Claude

Default 'Transplanting' staghorn

I need some advice. I have a large staghorn that has outgrown its approx
200 mm circular base - its spread is now about a metre. Should I remove the
base and attach it to a larger one, say 350 mm? If so, how should I go
about removing it from the existing base, as it seems to be very firmly
'attached'? Advice much appreciated.

Old 14-12-2005, 04:40 AM posted to aus.gardens
gardenlen

g'day claude,

yes you can remove the base or just attach all to a new base if you
wish this is better if the old base is of the type of material that
will eventually rot away. or simply prise the plant off the old base
and re-tie to the new one too easy.

snipped
With peace and brightest of blessings,

len

--
"Be Content With What You Have And
A World That You May Not Understand."

http://www.users.bigpond.com/gardenlen1
Old 14-12-2005, 06:28 AM posted to aus.gardens
HC

G'day Claude

Too much work..........send it to me!! ROFLMHO ;-))

Bronwyn ;-)