GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   help - clear, gumlike beads hanging from fruit (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/110153-help-clear-gumlike-beads-hanging-fruit.html)

David 28-12-2005 09:11 AM

help - clear, gumlike beads hanging from fruit

Hi,

We have a problem with the fruit on our peach trees.

There seems to be almost clear, gumlike beads hanging from the fruit.

We are situated in NSW. Would someone be able to advise what this is
likely to be and what can be done about it.

Thanks in advance

--

Kind Regards

David Huisman
General Manager
ORBIT COMMUNICATIONS Pty Ltd - Wireless Solutions that Work
(Telemetry, Control, Monitoring, Security, HVAC ...)
A.C.N. 107 441 869

Website : http://www.orbitcoms.com
PO Box 4474 Lakehaven
NSW 2263, AUSTRALIA
Phone: 61-2-4393-3627
Fax : 61-2-4393-3685
Mobile: 61-413-715-986

Jock 29-12-2005 11:59 AM

help - clear, gumlike beads hanging from fruit

An infestation of fruit fly I would say.
You need to get a spray and follow a planned spraying program through the
fruit's development up to picking.
I suggest you check a good plant shop & get some advice on what way is best
in your situation.
In the mean time, pick it all, bag it and burn it to get rid of the bugs.
That or boil it all if you don't want a fire in summer.
Jock