GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   soil preperation for apples (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/110438-soil-preperation-apples.html)

Peter Angus 09-01-2006 09:13 AM

soil preperation for apples

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone can give me some hints regarding preparing the
ground where my apple trees will be planted this winter. I've currently got
a temporary compost heap working over each of two sites, with plans for a
third once I clear away the weeds from the old herb garden. The soil is
pretty good. Apart from the herb garden, the other sites have been lawn for
many years.

Thanks for your help
Peter Angus

put my full name (no spaces) before the @ to reply

John A. Keslick, Jr. 09-01-2006 02:12 PM

soil preperation for apples

See proper planting
http://www.chesco.com/~treeman/sub1.html

Sincerely,

John A. Keslick, Jr.
http://www.chesco.com/~treeman
Beware of so-called TREE EXPERTS who do not understand TREE BIOLOGY!
www.treedictionary.com
that we are not the boss.
Some people will buy products they do not understand and not buy books that
will give them understanding.

u...