Old 21-01-2006, 06:09 AM posted to aus.gardens
Blondie

Default do plants die or does it just look like they do

I am wondering whether somebody can tell me do plants actually die or do
they go into some sort of hibernation. Plants in the desert or jungle etc
that come to life after the rainy season make me wonder do the plants in my
garden that appear to die no matter how much TLC I lavish on them actually
die or is it just part of their life cycle. I have one plant in particular
that has appeared lifeless for over two years now and am thinking that it
may have died but I am not sure.

Old 21-01-2006, 08:12 AM posted to aus.gardens
HC

G'day Blondie

"We're all gonna die someday, lord, we're all gonna die someday..."

Sorry, the words of a catchy tune by Kasey Chambers that I love to play
really loud.

Take a look here...

http://www.cowboylyrics.com/lyrics/c...eday-1264.html

;-))

Old 21-01-2006, 09:36 AM posted to aus.gardens
Chookie

In article ,
"Blondie" wrote:

Plants in the desert or jungle etc
that come to life after the rainy season make me wonder do the plants in my
garden that appear to die no matter how much TLC I lavish on them actually
die or is it just part of their life cycle. I have one plant in particular
that has appeared lifeless for over two years now and am thinking that it
may have died but I am not sure.

After two years, and if it's a normal garden plant (and not some rarity from
Outer Mongolia), I would guess it was dead. Most plants have only a season of
dormancy per year. Sometime's it's winter, to cope with the cold, and
soemtimes it's summer, to cope with the heat.

What sort of plant is it?

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"In Melbourne there is plenty of vigour and eagerness, but there is
nothing worth being eager or vigorous about."
Francis Adams, The Australians, 1893.