Old 07-02-2006, 01:59 AM posted to aus.gardens
Patricia Pasterham

Default Canna lilies - how to kill??

Hi,
I have a bed of canna lilies. They are totally feral and I want to clear
the bed and plant it with other shrubs. I know they are beautiful - but in
the right place :-))

Is Round-Up the way to go? What is the most effective and brutal and
preferably speedy way to kill them ?

Suggestions wanted urgently!

Thanks,
Pat.

--
remove nospamplease to reply

Old 07-02-2006, 02:20 AM posted to aus.gardens
China

G'day Pat,

I've found glyphosate (10ml per litre), does the job well, though a few
follow-up sprays can be needed. It can take up to two weeks to see results.
You may find seed coming up around the place after treatment. I usually
first cut them all down to ground level and just spray the regrowth as it
appears.You may find seed coming up around the place after treatment. Don't
waste money on the Round-Up brand, just get the no-name glypho' at Big-W or
similar shop. Make sure its 360g per litre in the concentrate. $8 a litre is
better than $20.

China
Wingham
NSW

Old 25-02-2006, 10:55 AM posted to aus.gardens
Sandra Bodycoat

Hi
Thanks for that bit of info Im hoping it works on plants such as palms.
cheers
sandra
"Patricia Pasterham" wrote in
message ...

"China" wrote in message

G'day Pat,

I've found glyphosate (10ml per litre), does the job well, though a few
follow-up sprays can be needed. It can take up to two weeks to see
results.
You may find seed coming up around the place after treatment. I usually
first cut them all down to ground level and just spray the regrowth as it
appears.You may find seed coming up around the place after treatment.
Don't
waste money on the Round-Up brand, just get the no-name glypho' at Big-W
or
similar shop. Make sure its 360g per litre in the concentrate. $8 a litre
is
better than $20.

China
Wingham
NSW

Canna Facts and Canna Care BobWalsh Gardening 5 29-05-2011 08:27 PM
Canna lilies BeTu Gardening 3 15-03-2009 11:05 PM
Canna lilies BeTu Gardening 14 19-10-2005 06:22 PM
Canna lilies Steve Jackson United Kingdom 5 23-10-2003 08:02 AM
Canna Lilies Mike Gellert Australia 1 29-09-2003 03:22 PM