GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Splitting Tomatos (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/11854-re-splitting-tomatos.html)

Anna Merchant 27-03-2003 07:44 AM

Splitting Tomatos

I keep my garden moist throughout the season too, but still after a good
raining, they all split. These are cherry tomatoes. Shame, but you learn to
live with it, and pick tomatoes in the rain.

--
Anna Merchant

http://www.thecotfactory.co.nz
If electricity comes from electrons, does that mean that morality comes from
morons?
"Scott Brady" wrote in message
G'day Tom,

The weird thing is that I have grown them before with no problems. It is
only since we moved to Northern Queensland that I have seen this

happening.

Ah! Well! I might try another variety next season.

Thanks anyway.

Scott Brady

Tom Elliott wrote:
On Tue, 25 Mar 2003 08:38:53 +1000, Scott Brady
wrote:

G'day all,

I have a penchant for growing old varieties of Tomatos.

At the moment I am growing a variety called "Tigrella".

It seems that a lot of the fruit that I pick are splitting.
Am I watering the poor little fella's too much, or could there
be another reason for this?

Hi.

I also grew a variety of tomatoes this year. Out of all the tomatoes
I grew, only the Tigerellas split (not all of them, about 20%).
Perhaps it's in their nature to do so.

Normally splitting is caused by not enough water, followed by a good
soaking, but I kept my garden moist throughout the growing season.

Tom

Tom Elliott
remove `mapsitna' from email address to reply by email.