Old 27-03-2003, 07:20 AM
Linda

Default Sinocalicanthus sinensis

I have just been given a Sinocalicanthus sinenis, which appears to be
a herbaceous shrub. It doesn't appear in any of my books, and a Google
search didn't come up with anything either. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In Southern Victoria (cold frosts), where would someone suggest I
plant it, and what is it?????

Or can someone come up with a different spelling of the name where I
can find it????

TIA

Linda
Old 27-03-2003, 08:44 AM
Andrew G

"Linda" wrote in message
I have just been given a Sinocalicanthus sinenis, which appears to be
a herbaceous shrub. It doesn't appear in any of my books, and a Google
search didn't come up with anything either. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In Southern Victoria (cold frosts), where would someone suggest I
plant it, and what is it?????

Or can someone come up with a different spelling of the name where I
can find it????

TIA

Linda

Closest i could find was Sinocalycanthus chinensis
Would that be it?

Hmm, says under that "genus of one species of deciduous shrub related to
Calycanthus"

Anyway it's:

Fully hardy
Grow in moderately fertile humus rich, moist but well drained soil,
in full sun or some midday shade.
Shelter from COLD and drying winds.
Trouble free from pests and disease.
Grows up to 3m high, 4m across
From E China

Hope that helps

--
Remove "not" from start of email address to reply

Old 27-03-2003, 09:08 PM
Linda

Thank you for that - have now found it on the net - now all I have to
do is find a real-life spot to squeeze it in!!!!

On Thu, 27 Mar 2003 19:38:00 +1100, "Andrew G"
wrote:

Closest i could find was Sinocalycanthus chinensis
Would that be it?

Hmm, says under that "genus of one species of deciduous shrub related to
Calycanthus"

Purple maiden grass ("Miscanthus sinensis")...I'm worried. Mitch@this_is_not_a_real_address.com Gardening 1 22-05-2006 04:01 AM
Miscanthus sinensis Zebrina Chris Hogg United Kingdom 3 17-06-2005 05:48 AM
Is Camellia Sinensis frost hardy in the UK ?? gray bale United Kingdom 6 10-06-2003 06:08 PM
Wisteria sinensis Trader Gardening 4 14-05-2003 07:20 PM
Where can I buy 'Camellia Sinensis' plants from in UK ?? gray United Kingdom 1 06-01-2003 08:57 PM