Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #16   Report Post  
Old 20-02-2006, 01:30 PM posted to aus.gardens
Terry Collins
 
Posts: n/a
Default my passionfruit is dying - please help!!

Jonno wrote:

Its OK for Jospeh Banks who was a millionare scientist..


The one on Cooks trips?
That was because the system of scientific names was only just starting
or was many seperate systems. He was one of the people that helped
demonstrate the needs.




  #17   Report Post  
Old 20-02-2006, 01:52 PM posted to aus.gardens
Jonno
 
Posts: n/a
Default my passionfruit is dying - please help!!

Terry Collins wrote:
Jonno wrote:


Its OK for Jospeh Banks who was a millionare scientist..



The one on Cooks trips?
That was because the system of scientific names was only just starting
or was many seperate systems. He was one of the people that helped
demonstrate the needs.



Yeah he's "the man" He was as I see it a great scientist, and able to
afford to be. But I only wanna grow vege's.
A fascinating story if ever there was one.
You noticed they speared cook, not banks
If they knew what banks would be doing later on, they would have left
the cook alone.

Leave the name droppers to the "experts" not the pretend experts you
hear spouting that they know the name of this or that like that radio
station gardening pretender.
  #18   Report Post  
Old 22-02-2006, 12:22 PM posted to aus.gardens
Chookie
 
Posts: n/a
Default my passionfruit is dying - please help!!

In article ,
Jonno wrote:

Leave the name droppers to the "experts" not the pretend experts you
hear spouting that they know the name of this or that like that radio
station gardening pretender.


LOL -- which one is that?

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia
(Replace "foulspambegone" with "optushome" to reply)

"... if *I* was buying a baby I'd jolly well make sure it was at
least a two-tooth!"
Mary Grant Bruce, The Houses of the Eagle.
  #19   Report Post  
Old 22-02-2006, 12:31 PM posted to aus.gardens
Chookie
 
Posts: n/a
Default my passionfruit is dying - please help!!

In article
,
Terry Collins wrote:

As was pointed out, there are reasons why knowing the latin name is
necessary., e.g. someone on TV called "Oyster Plants" "Bear Bonnets".


He said Bear's Breeches -- I was watching too! Acanthus mollis. And you need
to know that they're acanthus if you like architecture, because Classical
Greek buildings (and ensuing revivals) used Acanthus as a motif, and they call
it Acanthus, not Oyster Plant or Bear's Breeches!

See pics he

http://www.meublepeint.com/acanthe.htm

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia
(Replace "foulspambegone" with "optushome" to reply)

"... if *I* was buying a baby I'd jolly well make sure it was at
least a two-tooth!"
Mary Grant Bruce, The Houses of the Eagle.
  #20   Report Post  
Old 23-02-2006, 01:09 AM posted to aus.gardens
Jonno
 
Posts: n/a
Default my passionfruit is dying - please help!!

Chookie wrote:
In article
,
Terry Collins wrote:


As was pointed out, there are reasons why knowing the latin name is
necessary., e.g. someone on TV called "Oyster Plants" "Bear Bonnets".



He said Bear's Breeches -- I was watching too! Acanthus mollis. And you need
to know that they're acanthus if you like architecture, because Classical
Greek buildings (and ensuing revivals) used Acanthus as a motif, and they call
it Acanthus, not Oyster Plant or Bear's Breeches!

See pics he

http://www.meublepeint.com/acanthe.htm

Er any plant with that sorta name aint on my list of desirables.
The confusion on TV is minor compared to the written word.
References to greek buildings while referring to plants isnt a
requirement, unless your hobbies are plants and buildings.
Yes names are important, but I still say unless youre a nursery man, its
not necessary. Mere details.
For scientists and students, its great to know what species, but Ive
found that familiarity with types of plants allows insight into species
which can be quite accurate for home purposes.
Any plant that has a latin name gets zeroed for ease of gardening..





  #21   Report Post  
Old 12-12-2016, 01:46 AM posted to aus.gardens
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Dec 2016
Posts: 1
Default my passionfruit is dying - please help!!

Hi can you help me my passion fruit vine is dying the vine is only 2 years old just 4weeks ago I noticed the leaves where going brown and the fruit started to die Whot did I do for this to happen please can some one help I would have over 70 passion front on it it doesn't look well
  #22   Report Post  
Old 12-12-2016, 02:12 AM posted to aus.gardens
SG1 SG1 is offline
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Jul 2006
Posts: 129
Default my passionfruit is dying - please help!!


wrote in message
...
Hi can you help me my passion fruit vine is dying the vine is only 2 years
old just 4weeks ago I noticed the leaves where going brown and the fruit
started to die Whot did I do for this to happen please can some one help I
would have over 70 passion front on it it doesn't look well

Try this
http://homeguides.sfgate.com/purple-...own-48884.html

  #23   Report Post  
Old 08-01-2017, 09:06 AM posted to aus.gardens
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by GardenBanter: May 2008
Posts: 101
Default my passionfruit is dying - please help!!

SG1 wrote:

wrote in message
...
Hi can you help me my passion fruit vine is dying the vine is only 2
years old just 4weeks ago I noticed the leaves where going brown and the
fruit started to die Whot did I do for this to happen please can some
one help I would have over 70 passion front on it it doesn't look well

Try this
http://homeguides.sfgate.com/purple-...own-48884.html

Passion FRUIT.
  #24   Report Post  
Old 09-01-2017, 02:05 AM posted to aus.gardens
SG1 SG1 is offline
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Jul 2006
Posts: 129
Default my passionfruit is dying - please help!!


"F Murtz" wrote in message
eb.com...
SG1 wrote:

wrote in message
...
Hi can you help me my passion fruit vine is dying the vine is only 2
years old just 4weeks ago I noticed the leaves where going brown and the
fruit started to die Whot did I do for this to happen please can some
one help I would have over 70 passion front on it it doesn't look well

Try this
http://homeguides.sfgate.com/purple-...own-48884.html

Passion FRUIT.Have you thought of doing your own search?


https://www.hort.purdue.edu/newcrop/...uit.html#Pests and
Diseases



Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help with passionfruit vine - NSW Australia David Australia 10 08-01-2006 03:03 AM
Help with passionfruit vine - NSW Australia David Gardening 1 18-12-2005 10:02 AM
Help: Fish STILL dying (was "fish are dying" JGW Ponds 16 15-06-2004 02:06 AM
Passionfruit Robby Australia 6 09-12-2003 09:04 PM
Passionfruit (no fruit) brainspace Australia 6 28-03-2003 02:56 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2017 GardenBanter.co.uk.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Gardening"

 

Copyright © 2017