Old 29-03-2003, 05:08 AM
Mousie

Default ants in worm farm

I am having a real problem with those little black ants in my worm farm. I
put ice-cream containers under each leg and filled it with water which
stopped them for a couple of weeks, but the little buggers are now swimming
across to get to the leg. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it
myself! Does anyone have any ideas of how to keep them out?

Thanks

--
Mousie

3 )~

---

Old 29-03-2003, 06:08 AM
Anna Merchant

Ant Bait ?

--
Anna Merchant

http://www.thecotfactory.co.nz
If electricity comes from electrons, does that mean that morality comes from
morons?

Old 29-03-2003, 08:20 AM
APR

Pour some kero into the water, it will float on top of the water and the
ants will not like it at all.

Old 30-03-2003, 06:44 AM
Noddy

and if they decide they like the kero you could always put a match to it
once they get in
:;-)

Old 31-03-2003, 12:08 AM
Perksy

I had the same problem and I ended up putting vasoline on the legs of
the worm farm - ants can't get past it!

Old 31-03-2003, 02:56 AM
Mousie

That sounds like an excellent idea

--
Mousie

3 )~

"Perksy" wrote in message
om...
I had the same problem and I ended up putting vasoline on the legs of
the worm farm - ants can't get past it!

. ..

Old 02-04-2003, 03:56 AM
Gen

"Mousie" wrote in message . ..
That sounds like an excellent idea

--
Mousie

3 )~

"Perksy" wrote in message
om...
I had the same problem and I ended up putting vasoline on the legs of
the worm farm - ants can't get past it!

. ..

"Mousie" wrote in message
I am having a real problem with those little black ants in my worm

farm.
put ice-cream containers under each leg and filled it with water which
stopped them for a couple of weeks, but the little buggers are now

swimming
across to get to the leg. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't

seen
it
myself! Does anyone have any ideas of how to keep them out?

Thanks

--
Mousie

3 )~

---

---

---

There may be a basic cause of the ant attraction, food....have you
checked the lowest tray, where the water drains?
I found I had lots of dead worms
Old 02-04-2003, 11:20 AM
Bushy

http://www.csiro.au/index.asp?type=faq&id=Ant%20control

ants,ants, and more ants, AAAARRRRRRGGGG Paul O. Gardening 9 11-08-2008 09:13 PM
Ants, ants and more ants.... Janet Australia 3 05-04-2003 07:36 AM
Slaters in worm farm Mousie Australia 1 05-04-2003 07:36 AM
Ants, ants and more ants.... Janet Australia 5 29-03-2003 04:32 PM
Slaters in worm farm Mousie Australia 1 16-02-2003 12:04 PM