GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Looking for planting suggestions. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/12200-looking-planting-suggestions.html)

feralmong 29-03-2003 04:20 PM

Looking for planting suggestions.

Hi all,
NE Melbourne location. I have little corner of the garden(3m x 2m
against 6m fence) I want to plant. Its above an easement in clay soil. Fence
on S&W. Looking for a plant not wider than 1m upto 3m tall. I am thinking of
a conifer but don't want to have deep roots. Although the clay based soil
should stop some deep root types.
Any suggestions welcome including sellers.

Noddy 30-03-2003 06:56 AM

Looking for planting suggestions.

I'm in melb also and sounds like the same situation as I have. I put in a
couple of miniature Chinese lanterns and keep them trimmed and they have
bushed up very well.
don't know if you like them but they practically always have flowers on them
and are always nice and green, the dog loves to lay under them in the heat.

u...