Old 04-04-2003, 02:44 AM
Anna Merchant

Default Heating Pads

Hiyas all,

I live in NZ, and am looking for some help locating where I could buy a
cheap, small heating pad for seed germination.

Any clues?

--
Anna Merchant

http://www.thecotfactory.co.nz
If electricity comes from electrons, does that mean that morality comes from
morons?

Old 04-04-2003, 03:08 AM
Geodyne

On Fri, 4 Apr 2003 13:40:52 +1200, "Anna Merchant"
wrote:

Hi Anna,

I live in NZ, and am looking for some help locating where I could buy a
cheap, small heating pad for seed germination.

Not so sure about NZ itself, but Greenpatch in Australia sell them and
I'm pretty sure they ship to NZ.

www.greenpatchseeds.com.au/

In NZ itself, have you tried Kings Seeds? They may have goodies such
as that.

Tara

Old 04-04-2003, 05:08 AM
Dwayne

Hi. If you dont find one, set your tray of seeds in top of your
refrigerator or freezer. Check it every couple of days to keep up with
their progress. After they start coming up, take them down and put them in
some good light.

Dwayne

"Geodyne" wrote in message
On Fri, 4 Apr 2003 13:40:52 +1200, "Anna Merchant"

Hi Anna,

Old 04-04-2003, 06:56 AM
Anna Merchant

Thanks for those suggestions!

I am trying to propagate banana seeds, and everywhere I read says it has to
be a constant ~20C for them to be a happening thing. Plus the heat will help
over the winter
--

"Geodyne" wrote in message
On Fri, 4 Apr 2003 13:40:52 +1200, "Anna Merchant"

Hi Anna,

Old 04-04-2003, 10:32 PM
Graeme Gardiner

Hi Anna

Last year I was having trouble germinating chilli seeds so I used a heat pad
purchased from a home brew shop and rigged it up to a thermostat from an old
water bed. It worked like a charm. I would suggest that a suitable
thermostat would be available commercially that you can just plug in from an
electronics supplier.

An old aluminium fridge tray was used with dividers and filled with seed
raising mix. An acrylic (Perspex) top was put on top and the thermostat bulb
placed inside.

I just used a mist spray every few days to keep it moist.

Graeme

"Geodyne" wrote in message
On Fri, 4 Apr 2003 13:40:52 +1200, "Anna Merchant"

Hi Anna,

Old 06-04-2003, 05:44 AM
Chookie

In article ,
"Anna Merchant" wrote:

I am trying to propagate banana seeds, and everywhere I read says it has to
be a constant ~20C for them to be a happening thing. Plus the heat will help
over the winter

I didn't know bananas HAD viable seeds!

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"...children should continue to be breastfed... for up to two years of age
or beyond." -- Innocenti Declaration, Florence, 1 August 1990
Old 06-04-2003, 08:56 AM
Andrew G

"Geodyne" wrote in message
On Fri, 4 Apr 2003 13:40:52 +1200, "Anna Merchant"
wrote:

Hi Anna,

I live in NZ, and am looking for some help locating where I could buy a
cheap, small heating pad for seed germination.

Not so sure about NZ itself, but Greenpatch in Australia sell them and
I'm pretty sure they ship to NZ.

www.greenpatchseeds.com.au/

This above link is the same place we get some stuff for work.
The Neem oil stuff seems to work quite well.
We've used it on Aphids and Spider mites.

Old 12-04-2003, 03:08 AM
Anna Merchant

Sorry I havent gotten back earlier, been on hospital and such, blah blah...

A friend bought these back from India, the bananas have 2 seeds bout the
size of peas in the bottom of each banana.

--
Anna Merchant

http://www.thecotfactory.co.nz
If electricity comes from electrons, does that mean that morality comes from
morons?
"Chookie" wrote in message

Old 12-04-2003, 04:44 AM
Chookie

In article ,
"Anna Merchant" wrote:

A friend bought these back from India, the bananas have 2 seeds bout the
size of peas in the bottom of each banana.

Declared, I trust.

Old 12-04-2003, 08:56 AM
Anna Merchant

Yes, don't fear. He got them declared and all with MAF, bought into the
country totally legally.

--
Anna Merchant

http://www.thecotfactory.co.nz
If electricity comes from electrons, does that mean that morality comes from
morons?
"Chookie" wrote in message