GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   gardenia help req (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/13049-gardenia-help-req.html)

ÑòDd¥ 05-04-2003 06:32 AM

gardenia help req

my gardenias leaves are slowly turning yellow is this from over watering or
some deficiency
thanks

Heather Edwards 05-04-2003 06:32 AM

gardenia help req

It could be both. Gardenia's like good light but plenty of water I've found.
A good complete fertiliser would be osmocote or nutricote which lasts for
9mths or so consult your garden centre. Heather.
.. .

ÑòDd¥ 05-04-2003 06:32 AM

gardenia help req

thanks for the tips will give it a try.
thought it may have been from over watering particularly as most of the
water gets on the leaves.
I osmocoted them about a month ago. they have plenty of fresh shoots it's
just the yellowing of some of the leaves that annoys me.

regards

"Deb Tiplady" wrote in message
.. .
A dose of epsom salts wouldn't go astray or alternately feed them with
camellia and azalea food. I did this with mine and the yellowing ceased. I
removed the already yellow leaves for appearance sake also.
Deb T