Old 05-04-2003, 06:32 AM
Gabra

Default Lazarus - Rose

"Deb Tiplady" wrote in message
.. .
I refer to a standard iceberg -approx 5 years old planted in a garden bed.
As the sunlight allocation could be described as woeful for some time my
rose resembled a refugee from a leaf torn, third world location! Hence I
decided I had to be cruel to be kind - I ripped it out and disposed of the
body.
As you can imagine I was more than a little surprised when sometime later

healthy green rose shoot ( now a metre tall) appeared at the site of the
crime. What can I expect of this Lazarus rose? Do I cut it back at all or
simply stake it and wait?

If you stay in an area that is warming up a fair bit, then cutting it back
may not be a good idea, as it may mean new shoots that won't be able to take
the heat. Maybe in March. Does it look leggy, you know, the kind of shoot
you see coming out from the base of grafted roses? Sorry, these are the only
things I can think offright now.

Rose - Rose-White-n-Pink.jpg (1/1) Donn Thorson Garden Photos 2 17-04-2009 02:57 PM
Rose - Rose-Single-Pink-4.jpg (1/1) Donn Thorson Garden Photos 0 17-04-2009 10:15 AM
Lazarus Rhodies Maggie Gardening 6 18-07-2008 12:20 AM
Rose Celebrations and meeting with the Rose-Obsessed USDA map Radika Kesavan Roses 1 30-01-2003 11:36 PM
Ventura County Rose Society Rose Auction James Delahanty Roses 1 25-01-2003 04:37 AM