Old 05-04-2003, 07:32 AM
jpd1009

Default Bumpy new turf

Hi,

I have just had some turf laid (1 week ago so it is still very soft
underfoot) and during the night someone had decided to take a shortcut
across it and has left a number of large footprint size dents over the lawn.
Any solutions out there on addressing the problem?
I was thinking of getting a roller onto it once it firms up a bit.

thanks

-j

Old 05-04-2003, 07:32 AM
Tazman

"jpd1009" wrote in message
.. .
Hi,

I have just had some turf laid (1 week ago so it is still very soft
underfoot) and during the night someone had decided to take a shortcut
across it and has left a number of large footprint size dents over the

lawn.
Any solutions out there on addressing the problem?
I was thinking of getting a roller onto it once it firms up a bit.

thanks

-j

Did you run a plate compactor or roller over it when you laid it,,,

When I had my front yard done .. they ran a plate compactor over it when
they had finished and it was quite firm ... And considering we live in WA
and all there is sand under it was quite surprising...

So I say run a plate compactor over it ,, you can hire them from a hire yard
.. or give it a run over with the roller..

Organic Turf / Pesticide Free Turf Mj62 Lawns 7 06-02-2011 07:57 PM
Turf on top of turf flashman Lawns 5 09-03-2006 11:10 PM
New turf lawn - joins and turf quality Muzz United Kingdom 0 30-06-2005 02:08 PM
Turf on Turf Mike P. United Kingdom 1 22-06-2003 12:20 PM
Bumpy lawn+lots of moss!! john fraser United Kingdom 5 24-03-2003 05:32 PM