GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   capsicum flower drop (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/13077-capsicum-flower-drop.html)

Mitch Kosklin 05-04-2003 06:32 AM

capsicum flower drop

hey all
my capsicums are flowering like crazy but the flowers fall off before the
fruit gets a chance to form..
do I need another plant for pollination?
i have plenty of insects around to pollinate..
my chilis next to it are going great and tonnes of chili peppers are
forming...

also i suddenly have an infestation of hundred of little flying ants.. are
these at all harmful?
how can i get rid of them?
i am experimenting with making my own pyrethrum out of chryanthenums,

thanks in advance

--Mitch

Tara 05-04-2003 06:33 AM

capsicum flower drop

my capsicums are flowering like crazy but the flowers fall off before the
fruit gets a chance to form..
do I need another plant for pollination?

Mitch,

The chillies will be fine for pollination. My guess is that the relatively
cool spring is causing your flower drop. Could solve itself when the weather
warms up.

Cheers,
Tara