GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Pruning a Wisteria (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/13084-pruning-wisteria.html)

jpd1009 05-04-2003 06:32 AM

Pruning a Wisteria

Hi,

When do I prune my wisteria and what is the best technique to employ?

I am in Melbourne metro area.

thanks

-james

Elegant Embroidery 05-04-2003 06:32 AM

Pruning a Wisteria

I try to prune mine just after the flowers have finished, and hopefully
before the leaves appear.

Method to use - vigorous, especially if it is the chinese variety, the
japanese varieties are not quite as vigorous. I have both, and hack my way
through them several times in the growing season, as well as after flowering
(due to poor positioning in the first place, mea culpa) .

I am in Perth

Joanne

om...