Old 05-04-2003, 07:32 AM
jpd1009

Default Pruning a Wisteria

Hi,

When do I prune my wisteria and what is the best technique to employ?

I am in Melbourne metro area.

thanks

-james
Old 05-04-2003, 07:32 AM
Elegant Embroidery

I try to prune mine just after the flowers have finished, and hopefully
before the leaves appear.

Method to use - vigorous, especially if it is the chinese variety, the
japanese varieties are not quite as vigorous. I have both, and hack my way
through them several times in the growing season, as well as after flowering
(due to poor positioning in the first place, mea culpa) .

I am in Perth

Joanne

om...