GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   the great chilli famine of 2003 (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/13085-great-chilli-famine-2003-a.html)

Dick Adams 05-04-2003 06:32 AM

the great chilli famine of 2003

"Graeme Gardiner" writes:

I wonder if anyone can help. I have become interested in
chillies over the last few years and last year planted a
heap of Jalapenos. They didn't germinate 'till Nov.This
year I acquired a few varieties a and tried to germinate
late Sep in pots outside. I planted some out in the
garden. None germinated. I then planted some in a seed
raising tray with Yates seed raiser, applied heat via a
heat pad and controlled with a thermostat at 25 deg. Up
they came but refuse to grow. The crop from last year
looks healthy enough but no flowers. I'm in Southern
Sydney. They are in pots in sheltered positions as well as
open. Any ideas?

Habenaros!! Gusanos!!

Dick