Old 05-04-2003, 06:33 AM
Willow

Default Home Grown Capsicum

I've recently noticed a load of seedlings have popped up where I burried
some capsicum kitchen scraps in my herb garden. I intend to leave most of
the seedlings to grow anyway, but I'm wondering if the plants bought in
nurseries are generally grafted.

--
Wanda
aka Willow

~~faeries are able to fly because they take themselves lightly~

Old 05-04-2003, 06:33 AM
Chris Garvey

Willow wrote:
: some capsicum kitchen scraps in my herb garden. I intend to leave most of
: the seedlings to grow anyway, but I'm wondering if the plants bought in
: nurseries are generally grafted.

Not usually you find that the seedlings do not resssemble the fruit
which they come from.

regards

CHris

--
(:

Taking the "paranoid" out of "delusion".
icq #107970956

Old 05-04-2003, 06:33 AM
Willow

So they'll be tomatoes or grapefruit? Only kidding of course. What do you
mean by that? Could they be the yellow variety instead or do you mean in
shape?

Old 05-04-2003, 06:33 AM
Chris Garvey

Willow wrote:
: So they'll be tomatoes or grapefruit? Only kidding of course. What do you
: mean by that? Could they be the yellow variety instead or do you mean in
: shape?
oops

the fruit on the plants you grow may be what you sowed.
Often it does breed true.

regards

Chris

: --
: Wanda
: aka Willow
: The missing and definitely not to be taken seriously under any circumstances
: garden gnome
: http://www.2000cn.com.au/~willow

: ~~faeries are able to fly because they take themselves lightly~
: Chris Garvey wrote in message
: ...
: Willow wrote:
: : some capsicum kitchen scraps in my herb garden. I intend to leave most
: of
: : the seedlings to grow anyway, but I'm wondering if the plants bought in
: : nurseries are generally grafted.
:
:
: Not usually you find that the seedlings do not resssemble the fruit
: which they come from.
:
: regards
:
:
: CHris
:
: --
: (:
:

Old 05-04-2003, 06:33 AM
Chris Garvey

Willow wrote:
: Isn't that contradicting what you said in your previous post?

ooops
If I plant capsicum seed from a particular type of fruit I do not always
get those shaped fruit from the offspring.

is that clear enough?

regards

Chris
: --

: Willow wrote:
: : So they'll be tomatoes or grapefruit? Only kidding of course. What do
: you
: : mean by that? Could they be the yellow variety instead or do you mean in
: : shape?
: oops
:
: the fruit on the plants you grow may be what you sowed.
: Often it does breed true.
:
: regards
:
: Chris
:
: : --
: : Wanda
: : aka Willow
: : The missing and definitely not to be taken seriously under any
: circumstances
: : garden gnome
: : http://www.2000cn.com.au/~willow
:
: : ~~faeries are able to fly because they take themselves lightly~
: : Chris Garvey wrote in message
: : ...
: : Willow wrote:
: : : some capsicum kitchen scraps in my herb garden. I intend to leave
: most
: : of
: : : the seedlings to grow anyway, but I'm wondering if the plants bought
: in
: : : nurseries are generally grafted.
: :
: :
: : Not usually you find that the seedlings do not resssemble the fruit
: : which they come from.
: :
: : regards
: :