GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Black-Eyed Susan (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/13090-black-eyed-susan.html)

regncyn 05-04-2003 06:33 AM

Black-Eyed Susan

Does anyone know where I might be able to get a Black-Eyed Susan plant? I
live in Sydney and have never seen it around here, I remember it as a child,
would love to grow it

Rita Bogna 05-04-2003 06:33 AM

Black-Eyed Susan

On Tue, 29 Oct 2002 21:49:22 +1100, "regncyn"
wrote:

Does anyone know where I might be able to get a Black-Eyed Susan plant? I
live in Sydney and have never seen it around here, I remember it as a child,
would love to grow it

It will grow very easily from seed which you should be able to get at
this time of year.

Rita.

susannah 05-04-2003 06:33 AM

Black-Eyed Susan

If you are referring to Thunbergia sp (cannot remember the species name), it
is an environmental weed in quite a few council areas in Sydney. it might
pay to check that it isn't a noxious weed in some council areas....

If you are anywhere near bushland please try to consider something else,
although it is relatively easy to weed out of bushland, the $$$ cost of
doing so can be avoided by not having the plant in gardens at all.

Susannah