GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   those fruitsaladtrees.. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/13095-re-those-fruitsaladtrees.html)

Gabra 05-04-2003 06:33 AM

those fruitsaladtrees..

"Reflection" wrote in message
Hi,
Does anyone in the Sydney area have any of those fruitsalad trees. The
one with oranges, lemon lemon etc.. grafted on one tree. or the stone

fruit
ones.. I'm just wondering if it's worth getting one.. I want a citrus one
and a stone fruit one.. I reckon they are a great idea,, but just wonder

if
they do grow and acutally fruit..

Not an answer, just a piggyback. Yes, please, if someone has brought these
types of trees to fruition, please post on whether the fruit was *good* as
well. I was put off growing them because an aunt said they weren't sweet, so
I'd like to know if this is actually true.

Greg Skinner 05-04-2003 06:33 AM

those fruitsaladtrees..

Hi Guys

I have a 5 graft (2 peach, 2 plum amd 1 apricot) fruit salad tree which was
bought at the garden show at Rose Hill Race Course 3 years ago and have
found the friut to be the best that I have tasted.

I would certantly recomend them.

Chers

Greg

Pete 'n' Trish 05-04-2003 06:33 AM

those fruitsaladtrees..

Hello , Thank you for posting this as I only have a wee back yard but a big
pool. And had thought about one of these. Ta very muchly indeed. trish in
Sydney :)