Old 05-04-2003, 06:33 AM

Default Where to buy a water pump?

I'm setting up a water efficient garden, so I'm buying a large tank
(4,500 litre) and also using a number of drums under the downspouts
around the house.

My plan is to pump water from the drums to the big tank, and thereby
hopefully never have to use mains water to keep my garden happy even
when growing thirsty vegetables.

My questions are - does anyone know where I could find a decent hand
powered water pump? Also, what type of pump would be best?

I want to use it to transfer water from the drums to the main tank.
I don't mind the physical exertion, but I would rather not have to use
a powered pump if I can avoid it.

Tom
Old 05-04-2003, 06:33 AM
frank luff

wrote:

I'm setting up a water efficient garden, so I'm buying a large tank
(4,500 litre) and also using a number of drums under the downspouts
around the house.

I used to fill a 500 gallon tank which was O/H with a "wobble" pump.
The larger the pump the quicker it fills, Duh.
I don't know if they're still available new, second hand they should be
laying around somewhere. Post a requirement.
Good exercise early morning! Change hands!!!!
fluff
Old 05-04-2003, 06:33 AM
bassett

Have you considered an old Washing Machine pump,, They will not pump to any
great pressure, but will transfer water, from one tank to another. and are
cheap,, local tip, recyclers, junk yards.

Heather Edwards wrote in message
Dear Tom if you are in Sydney I suggest visiting Dural Irrigation or

Brookes
Irrigation at Waterloo. Best of luck, Heather.