Old 05-04-2003, 06:33 AM
Augie

Default Rose summary, and new beds

Thanks for the rose help. After talking to the horticulturist, I moved
the roses and replanted them in the new bed, with layers of soil, sheep
poo and sugar cane mulch over newspaper (planted through the paper). They
went un in time for a nice rainy storm. So far so god.

I lose them, I am no worse off than I was with couch grass filled beds of
dust and all sorts of weird matter. And at least I have nice beds in.,

Now - to afford the plants...

--

Augie
Doing up your house?
Old 05-04-2003, 06:33 AM
silvasurfa

"Augie" wrote in message
Thanks for the rose help. After talking to the horticulturist, I moved
the roses and replanted them in the new bed, with layers of soil, sheep
poo and sugar cane mulch over newspaper (planted through the paper). They
went un in time for a nice rainy storm. So far so god.

I lose them, I am no worse off than I was with couch grass filled beds of
dust and all sorts of weird matter. And at least I have nice beds in.,

Now - to afford the plants...

--

Augie
Doing up your house?
Australian house, home and garden renovaters - meet here!

Ask around your friends for cuttings and divisions.

Pelargoniums aren't real fashionable, but they grow like weeds and they
flower and they fill in gaps and you won't feel guilty pulling them out when
you get better plants.

I like nasturtiums to fill empty garden beds.

Winter summary DogDiesel Edible Gardening 2 29-11-2011 05:04 PM
Unripe pears summary Des Higgins United Kingdom 0 01-11-2006 10:13 AM
[IBC] 2004 Growing Season Summary Beckenbach, Jay Bonsai 7 06-10-2004 01:28 PM
Lasagna Rose Beds? Susan Solomon Roses 9 04-04-2003 01:44 AM
leaves ... and more leaves - SUMMARY Jeff Kessler Ponds 0 01-04-2003 06:56 PM