GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   David Austin Rose - Abraham Darby (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/13112-david-austin-rose-abraham-darby.html)

Elegant Embroidery 05-04-2003 06:33 AM

David Austin Rose - Abraham Darby

I am in Perth, and have this delightful rose.

It is now about 5 years old.

The first yeat or two it grew beautifully, but it is now flowering quite
freely but on a puny bush.

It should be growing to 5' or there abouts, but it is barely able to scape
3' now. It is manured and watered, and I have been known to talk kindly to
it............what else can I do to encourage some height.

Joanne

--
Use what talents you possess: the woods would be very silent if no birds
sang there except those that sang best. Henry Van Dyke

Chookie 05-04-2003 06:33 AM

David Austin Rose - Abraham Darby

In article ,
"Elegant Embroidery" wrote:

I am in Perth, and have this delightful rose.

It is now about 5 years old.

The first yeat or two it grew beautifully, but it is now flowering quite
freely but on a puny bush.

It should be growing to 5' or there abouts, but it is barely able to scape
3' now. It is manured and watered, and I have been known to talk kindly to
it............what else can I do to encourage some height.

Prune it (not now, of course) to encourage better development.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

I don't regard myself as a fanatic. I just have handy milk dispensers.
-- Lee, misc.kids