GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Another Newby Gardener Question (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/australia/13113-another-newby-gardener-question.html)

Carol Kavanagh 05-04-2003 06:33 AM

Another Newby Gardener Question

Hi guys

O.K. so I've made a start. Got some planting done. Hoping the water
restrictions won't become so severe that everything dies. In the meantime,
I seem to have a collection of red and black beetles forming on (A) A French
Lavender bush and (B) A patch of Forget Me Nots that hasn't died off yet.

They just seem to sit there, barely moving. What are they......does anyone
know? What are they doing? Can they harm these plants? And, why just the
Lavender and Forget Me Nots? There is no sign of them on any of the other
surrounding plants?

Once again, thanks for your help in advance if anyone knows.

Regards
Carol Kavanagh

Augie 05-04-2003 06:33 AM

Another Newby Gardener Question

Way down yonder in the pawpaw patch, Carol Kavanagh was heard to sing:

|| Hi guys
|| O.K. so I've made a start. Got some planting done. Hoping the water
|| restrictions won't become so severe that everything dies. In the meantime,
|| I seem to have a collection of red and black beetles forming on (A) A French
|| Lavender bush and (B) A patch of Forget Me Nots that hasn't died off yet.
|| They just seem to sit there, barely moving. What are they......does anyone
|| know? What are they doing? Can they harm these plants? And, why just the
|| Lavender and Forget Me Nots? There is no sign of them on any of the other
|| surrounding plants?
|| Once again, thanks for your help in advance if anyone knows.

Hi Carol
Where abouts are you?

--
Augie

Doing up your house?
Australian house renovaters - meet here!

Carol Kavanagh 05-04-2003 06:33 AM

Another Newby Gardener Question

Hi Augie & everyone

I thought I answered this but it seems to have gone missing. Anyway, I work
in Canberra but this house and garden is in Batemans Bay, on the NSW South
Coast.

I have never seen these little beasties before. Should I be spoiling their
party, or whatever it is they are doing, or not?

Cheers
Carol